Wednesday, March 28

Quality time = Peanut Butter Cookie Time!

Life is all about what you make it. Our move has been a lot of hard work, a lot of exhaustion, a lot of decisions and a lot of traveling, but there have been a lot of fun moments, too. The baby stayed with my husband and I through the packing and hauling process, but our older two kids hung out with Grandma and Grandpa where we will be living, to make it easier on them. So, a week after we began this process, I made my final trip from our old home. After all of our hard work this week, the last thing I wanted to think about was unpacking boxes (boxes I am pretty sure I *just* packed...), so, for my first evening back with my kids, we made cookies together instead.
And, since Peanut Butter Cookies are so much fun, that's what we chose!
We tweaked it a little bit, but we borrowed a great recipe from Chocolate-Covered Katie.  Please follow either link to her recipe.


We doubled all of the ingredients, except the brown sugar and added:
2 Tbsp Unsweetened coconut
1/4 C Chopped peanuts


Dark chocolate chips for garnish.



Roll the dough into small balls, place on a baking sheet, allowing room to spread and press down with a fork twice, making a # in the center of the cookie.
(Since the mixture can be pretty sticky, it is a good idea to place the fork in the freezer for a few minutes prior to this step)
Teamwork!
Press down a single chocolate chip in the center of each cookie and bake!
The recipe made 22 palm-sized cookies.
~Enjoy!



1 comment:

chocolate-covered katie said...

Awww I love this post! I especially love the chocolate chips in the middle :).